More than 250 plant species
The Hanhikivi cape hosts valuable flora due to diversity. In the coastal herb-rich forests it is possible to find, for example, Red Campion, Wood Millet-grass, Herb Paris and Wood Stitchwort. Rare species in the area include inter alia Sea Pea, Eyebright, Sedge, Adder´s Tongue and various Pondweeds, for example, Fries´ Pondweed and Large-sheath Pondweed.
Threatened and protected plant species of Hanhikivi
- Artemisia bottnica, critically endangered, protected
- Hippuris tetraphylla, endangered, protected
- Primula nutans var. jokelae (primrose), vulnerable, protected
- Botrychium multifidum (Moonwort), near threatened
- Iris pseudacorus, protected